Monday, July 7, 2008

The Door


One of the first things you'll notice when you come to my home is the music box. There is an old pull string music box attached to my front service door that was there when we bought the place. It literally makes my door sing, putting a smile on everyone's face as they enter. Jesus likened himself to many things during His ministry, one of the most fascinating was a door. "I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved..." Doors are the easiest way to enter into a home. Enter heaven through The Door and you, too, will hear some joy bells! "I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth" - Luke 15:7.

Doors also allow you to let others in or keep someone out. Jesus mentioned in Revelation, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Friend, dinner's ready. He's come on time. He's knocking. Are we too busy preparing to let Him in? It's so easy to let the cares of this world interfere with seeking the Lord. We can so easily miss Him while He is right at the door. Don't let Him walk away...unnoticed.


This August 25th marks 25 years since I "entered heaven" through The Door and became a true child of God. Twenty five years ago, He searched through the slums of my heart, looking for the door and knocked. I let Him in and we've been remodeling, reorganizing and cleaning ever since! It's still a humbling thought to think the Lord of Glory would want to take up residence in my heart. Have a blessed day.

Lori

2 comments:

Grove Family Homeschool said...

I'm so glad you started a blog! I love your first post - keep 'em coming!!

Prairie Dwellers At Heart said...

What an extra special spiritual
birthday coming up. I look forward
to reading future posts on "Love In Every Room"...
Most Sincerely, Diana ( :