Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fall on the Farm

These were taken Sunday morning October, 19, 2008.

The Sunrise

The sunrise was beautiful on this Sunday morning before church. I had to run out and snap a few photos.



The Farm Home

Our home was built in 1913. When we purchased it in 1995 it was dilapitated and in ruins as it had sat empty for many years. Today we lovingly call it home. I'll tell you the story about how 'we got it' sometime. The Lord is a gracious gift-giving God!



The Pond

The old wagon wheel and pump are my treasures from Dad's farm in Northwestern ND.



The Barn

The sunrise glowing on the barn makes it look especially beautiful on this Lord's Day morning!



The Porch

This is one of my favorite places to sit in the spring,summer and fall months early in the morning. Here's where I meet with the Lord in my personal devotion time while sipping a little tea.




These are just a few photos around the farm at this time of year. This is why I haven't been blogging very much for a few weeks. I absolutely love this time of year and try to enjoy every moment of its fleeting awesome colors...as snow will soon arrive and blanket it all for winter.


Have a blessed day!

Lori

4 comments:

heidi said...

Mrs.Scheving!!!!! I just ran across your blog! What a nice surprise! I just have to say that Dan & I both agree that your home is our dream home...aaawwww, some day we'd love to raise our children in a place like yours! It is truly beautiful!! I will be linking your blog to mine so I can keep in touch!(we're looking forward to seeing my parents this weekend in Chicago;)
Miss you all!
~Heidi

Martha said...

The place looks so nice. You all have done so much with it!! Thanks for sharing the photos - it was good to see the farm again.

Blessings,
~Martie

Middle Age Hacks said...

Oh my. What a beautiful home and locale. Be still my heart. Yes, please do tell how God blessed you with this little piece of heaven!

We visited your church years ago, when you were in your previous building. I think that was also the first time we met dear Bro Silcox. :o)

Diana and I have a new friendship/bloggyship, and she linked me to you. What a blessing!
Thank you for sharing your life in a land where things grow, lol. Come over to the desert and say hi sometime. :o)

Sally Johnson

PlainJane said...

Greetings,
I'm new to your blog and just wanted to say how much I LOVE your beautiful home. Please do tell the story of how you "got it". I'd love to hear it. We are practically neighbors (north of the Twin Cities)and just wanted to stop in to meet you.

Have a blessed week(end). I'll be by again soon.
Jane
www.homeschoolblogger.com/PlainJane